[Yum] More on BitTorrent and YUM

Integrating BitTorrent into YUM seems like a good idea to me.  The
distribution of files with BitTorrent is quite secure and robust.

Instead of directly integrating BT into YUM, I'd propose creating a BT
client/server that acts like FTP.  It'd simply allow users to publish
directory trees with the server, and clients could download from the
directory tree in BitTorrent manner, sharing file pieces among
themselves.

I'm thinking that we could create scripts for mirroring popular RPM
sites by having a low-bandwidth server that downloads them periodically,
and making them available as torrents.  YUM would have to be modified to
use the FTP-like utility to download packages.

So, in summary, I suspect all we really need to integrate BT and YUM is
build an FTP-like utility based on BT for pubishing file systems and
downloading individual files from those file systems.

Should I work on such a beast?

Bill