[Yum] Repo priorities (2.2.1)

On Thu, 2005-06-23 at 13:47 -0600, Greg Knaddison wrote:
> On 6/23/05, Troy Dawson <dawson@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Hello,
> > I was under the impression that pkgpolicy was depricated, but still in
> > the yum 2.2.x branch.  Especially since it's still in the base yum.conf
> > file that comes with it.  But when I finally tried it, it didn't do
> > anything.
> > I do know that it was horrible code, and all that ... but how do I now
> > give my yum repositories priority over one another?
> > Troy
> > p.s. If this was already discussed, can you point me to the outcome.
>
> Is this what you were looking for:
>
> https://lists.dulug.duke.edu/pipermail/yum/2005-May/006564.html

and that's not _Really_ true anymore.

pkgpolicy should have been deleted from the docs. It just went away b/c
maintaining it's functionality is very goofy, actually.

you can do all sorts of things to pre-empt them by using include/exclude
lists but it's not the same thing as having a 'trump-card repo'

-sv