[Yum] cron automated "update" & "install" centrally located

Here is my script for doing this:

------------------------
#!/bin/bash

# If /var is full then we couldn't install or upgrade anything anyway
df -h /var | grep -q 100% && echo Exiting yumupdate - /var is full && exit 1

# Test lockfile's existence, if it doesn't exist, create it
if [ -f /var/run/yumupdate ]; then
        echo Exiting yumupdate - yumupdate already running
        exit 1
else
        touch /var/run/yumupdate
fi

# Run yum itself, then clean the cache/packages/headers/metadata it downloaded
nice yum -e 0 -d 0 -y --disablerepo='*' --enablerepo=*-update  update
nice yum -e 0 -d 0 -y --disablerepo='*' --enablerepo=*-install \
        install "*" 2>&1 | grep -v "No Match for argument"
yum -e 0 -d 0 clean all

# Clean up lockfile and exit cleanly
rm -f /var/run/yumupdate && exit 0

Using wildcards with *-update and *-install is very convenient.

Joshua