[Yum] Gnome interface for yum

On Fri, 17 Jun 2005, Matthias Saou wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I just came across this project's initial announcement on freshmeat's
> front page. Haven't seen it mentioned here yet, so here's a link to the
> home page :
>
> http://gnome-yum.sourceforge.net/

I had a quick look at it.. it does seriously wicked things underneath the
pretty face: it runs a shell script to do queries with yum cli and rpm
--qf to put stuff into statically named files under /tmp and then acts
upon those...

Of the Yum GUI frontends I've seen so far Yumex seems by far the most
sane as it's written using the yum library, not screenscraping yum
cli output in various "creative" ways.

 	- Panu -