[Yum] Stupid User Stories (was:Yum munging systems)

On Fri, 2005-05-27 at 10:55 -0400, seth vidal wrote:

> I think you would benefit, greatly, by adding a default plugin to your
> systems once the current 2.3 tree goes to stable.
>
> that plugin would count the number of packages in the 'remove' state and
> simply exit if the number exceeds a certain amount or includes certain
> packages, like rpm, or glibc. :)

Trivial version of dont-eat-me plugin:
---
from yum.plugins import PluginYumExit

requires_api_version = '0.3'

protect = ['glibc', 'yum', 'rpm', 'python']

def pretrans_hook(conduit):
    ts = conduit.getTsInfo()
    for pkg in ts.removed:
        if pkg.name in protect:
            raise PluginYumExit("Transaction would remove protected
package %s, aborting!" % pkg.name)
---

This really wants to be in currently non-existent postdepsolve slot so
it would run before user is prompted, pretrans is kinda too late in the
process. (even though it does prevent those packages from being deleted)

Another thing which might be nice would be to use the groups for this
info, eg to protect the 'Core' group packages. No way to access the
group information from plugins currently though (at least without doing
dirty things :)

	- Panu -