[Yum] Repository Priority

Am Mittwoch, 25. Mai 2005 22:55 schrieb Karsten Jeppesen:

> However if you question really is: " How can i make my local
> ripository to be the one to use if the newest files are in multiple
> repositories including my local one", then the answer is:
> Yum will choose the repository based on the placement in the config
> file. If the config file lists your local repository first - then yum
> will attempt to get it from there first.

I bet, yum is using the ConfigParser module here, which unfortunately
doesn't have a concept of order (priority). I typically circumvent this
issue by using section names like [01_base], but doesn't know, if this
will also work with yum, since it requires some internal preparations
(add sections to a list, and sort it by name). Another way would be
using an entry like "priority = xx" in each section and sort by its
(numeric) value. The fine python source is your best friend..

Note: I'm on SuSE which means maintaining local repos anyway. They're
either all accessible or none ;-)..

	Pete