[Yum] createrepo woes

Hi

I was trying to create a local repository and learned the hard way
createrepo's -g flag is relative to rpm directory. I am sure I am not
the first one to spend some time on that.

We could do either of two things:
a) Update the usage() and inform the user that -g is relative path to
<directory-of-packages>
b) Use absolute path for -g

I prefer (b). I created a repository by copying the Fedora CDs. Then
the directory structure looks like this:
/var
|--www
    |--fc4
        |--Fedora
            |--base
                |--comps.xml
            |--RPMS
                |--foo.rpm
To generate the repodata I would typical expect to execute:
$ createrepo -g /var/www/fc4/Fedora/base/comp.xml /var/www/fc4/Fedora/RPMS

With option (a) I have to copy the comp.xml to RPMS folder or provide
a ../base/comp.xml which is not very intuitive.

Thoughts?

And one question:
The createrepo created repodata in RPMS folder for me. But under
linux.duke ftp mirror repodata exists under the arch(e.g. i386) folder
and <location href> in primary.xml correctly points to
"Fedora/RPMS/foo.rpm".

How can I do the same?

Thanks.

		Arun Bhanu