[Yum] yum will not install all 60 rpms because 2 of them havearchitecture missmatch

On Mon, May 09, 2005 at 11:43:04AM -0700, Marat BN wrote:
> The system CPU is Transmeta Crusoe.

Ahhh, one of *those*. :)

> Running the command you mentioned "rpm -q --qf
> '%{name} is %{arch}\n'
> openssl glibc" produced a printout according to which
> the packages currently
> installed are i686.  Do you think this is a problem
> with Transmeta Crusoe?

Well, they're *running*, which is a good sign. :) But...

> As far as I know, this CPU emulates a Pentium Classic,
> but thats' an i586,
> not an i686

Yeah, that's what I thought. So, yeah, I think this:

> It appears YUM is trying to upgrade glibc and openssl
> packages with i686
> versions because the versions already installed are
> i686.  So I decided to
> obtain the i386 versions of these RPM packages from
> ftp.redhat.com, install
> them, and then re-run YUM which should now try to
> upgrade solely with i386
> versions.  Do you think this is a good idea?

is what I'd suggest, and yeah, the --replacepkgs should do it.

--
Matthew Miller           mattdm@xxxxxxxxxx        <http://www.mattdm.org/>