[Yum] Preferred repository - in a way...

Hello Seth,

This may be an old question, but I couldn't find it in the archives.

Is there a way to make yum prefer a "low-cost" repository?
Yum is still supposed to download the newest package, but is multiple
repositories offer the newest package, then one of these repositories
may be preferred.

An example....
Now I have a few hundred machines that I want to update rom scratch.
Obviously it is easier to take one machine and update it from scratch
and then take all rpms from that one and fill it into a local
repository. I don't know about you, but I still haven't had my external
line upgraded to GHz. Something about costs...
Now when the other machines are to update, then it would be nice if they
said: Great - but the package is available on the low-cost repo so we
download from there.

Is it possible?

Karsten