[Yum] groupinstall openoffice?

On Apr 8, 2005 2:43 AM, Robert Spangler <bms@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Thursday 07 April 2005 09:58, seth vidal wrote:
>
> >  > > what's the command to install openoffice?
> >  > > how do you figure these things out?
> >  >
> >  > yum list | grep -i office
> >
> >  1. yum list is case insensitive in yum 2.1 and up
> >  2. yum list available '*office*'   - will output the same as using grep
> >  as above.
>
> I prefer 'search' instead of 'list'.  I find it give you more hits then list
> alone.
>
> For example:
>
> yum list openoffice     returns 0 hits
>
> yum search openoffice   returns 19 hits
>
> I'm using yum v2.2.0 on FC3
>
> - --
>
> Regards
> Robert
[..]

thanks, Robert.  I did "yum list" and just eye-balled that there were
many.  I looked for something like "X Window System," but for open
office, didn't see it.  Nor do the man pages mention clients, I'll
check those out, thanks :)

if I may re-rephrase my question:  like "X Window System," is there a
list of groups for groupinstall?

Thufir