[Yum] Package management strategy with yum

Matthew Miller wrote:

> Okay, obviously you're seeing something here that I'm not. How do I disable
> all non-specific repositories?
>
> Here's what I'm doing -- that may make this more clear: I want to run yum
> -y update (actually, yum -y upgrade) from a cron job rather frequently. However,
> if someone drops in a repo file for some-random-eastern-european-repo to
> provide access to some very hypothetical app, I don't want that accessed so
> frequently. (There's a host of reasons for that, but I hope they're
> obvious.) I also don't necessarily want it updated from with assumeyes. I
> just want my repos to be looked at.
>
> Listing all such possible specific repos on the command line isn't, well,
> practical.

Unfortunately it was just a case of reading your email too quickly and
misunderstanding the question.

I can't find anything to do what you're asking.  Since this looks like
something you're wanting to script, it may be easiest to have the script
look at /etc/yum.repos.d/ and construct the command line for you so that
it disable all repos but yours and enables the ones you want.