[Yum] Trouble using third party repos

Hi!!

I recently installed fc3 and have trouble with using 3rd party repos.
Yum used to run quite fine for the default repo with fc3. The
following is the directory listing of my /etc/yum.repos.d/

dagkey    dries.repo         fedora-updates.repo          freshrpms.repo
dag.repo  fedora-devel.repo  fedora-updates-testing.repo  local-base
drieskey  fedora.repo        freshrpmskey                 local-updates

the key files are the keys for the digitally signed rpms which i used
to import. Now, when i run yum this is what i get(after a very long
time)

[root@Moonglade yum.repos.d]# yum install gmplayer
Setting up Install Process
Setting up Repo:  dries
http://apt.sw.be/dries/fedora/linux/3/i386/dries/RPMS/repodata/repomd.xml:
[Errno 4] IOError: HTTP Error 504: Gateway Time-out
Trying other mirror.
Cannot open/read repomd.xml file for repository: dries
failure: repodata/repomd.xml from dries: [Errno 256] No more mirrors to try.

Now my dries.repo file is as follows:

[dries]
name=Extra Fedora rpms dries - $releasever - $basearch
baseurl=http://apt.sw.be/dries/fedora/linux/$releasever/$basearch/dries/RPMS/
gpgcheck=1

I even tried moving removing the repo all together and then it gets
stuck up in dag. My net connection is through a proxy server and the
proxies are specified in the bashrc file(as i told you earlier the
default repo was working fine). Can somebody tell me whats happening?

Thanks.

Ram Kumar
Ramkumar V
309, Jamuna Hostel, IIT Madras, Adyar, Chennai.
ram.v.kumar@xxxxxxxxx