[Yum] How to make YUM work with RHEL 4 AS?

On 3/14/05 5:31 PM, "Peter Nguyen" <pn1@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I installed YUM, enabled it... service says Nightly Updates turned on.. How do
> i force update? I typed: yum update  and it gave me an error: Config error:
> Insufficient repository configuration.  No repositories Found/Enabled.
> Aborting.

You'll need to have yum repositories defined in either /etc/yum.conf or in
/etc/yum.repos.d/

If you already have some defined there, be sure that the enable flag is set
to 1 (enabled=1) rather than enabled=0.

If you don't currently have any repositories defined, you'll have to set
them up pointing to wherever you get your packages from.  See the yum.conf
man page for more info.

-Jeff