[Yum] Can't yum no more!

Hi, This list recently helped me get yum going after problems on a
local machine. Now I have rented a dedicated server which came with
Fed1 and after I tried to upgrade to Fed3 using the same trick:

fedora-release-3-8.i386.rpm
yum-2.1.11-3.noarch.rpm

rpm -Uvh --nodeps fedora-release* yum*

It got in a real muddle. That worked, so I did yum update and it broke
even the yum command! This is what I get now:

[root@wpc2237 RPMS]# yum
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/yum", line 22, in ?
    import yummain
  File "/usr/share/yum/yummain.py", line 22, in ?
    import clientStuff
  File "/usr/share/yum/clientStuff.py", line 18, in ?
    import rpm
ImportError: No module named rpm

And up2date gives the same (I tried that in case it could fix yum and
get me going again).

If its relevant, although I am remote I have copied the first 2
Fedora3 CDs to the machine. In other words, if need be I can CD to
their RPMS dir and rpm -U whatever is needed. Its that "whatever" part
I'm having a hard time with :-(

Thanks in advance...