[Yum] Re: Yum problem

On 1/11/05 9:01 AM, "John Fox" <fedora@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi Jeff,
>
> Many thanks for the response.
>
> I have tried fedoralegacy and have the same problem with their copy of yum,
> that is why I am trying another source. Could the problem be when I have used
> the rpm -e yum command that it has not deleted the program and the different
> versions conflict.
>
> Regards,  John Fox.

Hi John, perhaps when you installed the package, it did not overwrite your
/etc/yum.conf file.  I think if you have the following in /etc/yum.conf you
should be able to download updates from fedoralegacy.  Also, this isn't
really a yum problem, so if you're still having problems you may want to
direct the question to fedoralegacy mailing list (or whomever you decide to
download packages from).

Thanks,
Jeff

Use the following for your yum.conf (you may have to correct the line
wraps):
----------
[base]
name=Red Hat Linux $releasever base
baseurl=http://download.fedoralegacy.org/redhat/$releasever/os/$basearch

[updates]
name=Red Hat Linux $releasever updates
baseurl=http://download.fedoralegacy.org/redhat/$releasever/updates/$basearc

[legacy-utils]
name=Fedora Legacy utilities for Red Hat Linux $releasever
baseurl=http://download.fedoralegacy.org/redhat/$releasever/legacy-utils/$ba
search