[Yum] yum takes forever to "get going"

I installed FC3 a computer and used yum-2.1.11 to update and install a bunch
of stuff.  Then I moved the computer to a different location (different
apartment) and then yum just got extremely slow.  Well, not really slow,
but slow to startup.  There is near a 5 min wait between issuing the
command and seeing the line "Setting up Install Process", but once it gets
there, its as fast as ever.

Whats the deal?  The only that has change is the monitor and internet
connection...and the internet connection is fast:  web surfing is fast,
email is fast, yum is fast once it pasts the startup point.

Any suggestions?  Thanks.

Sorry, I don't have debug output, I'll get that tomorrow.