[Yum] yum on RHEL 3

On Sat, Sep 25, 2004 at 04:59:57PM -0500, Matt Lawrence wrote:
> I have a number of RedHat licenses and would really like to be able to use
> yum to keep the systems up to date as well as adding several local
> packages via a local repository.  Is there any easy way of mirroring the
> updates from the RedHat site?

You are currently using yum, I take it.  If so, you don't really need
to mirror the Red Hat stuff locally.  You can use their yum repos AND
add your own local repo.  Just build the repo using yum-arch and add
it to your yum.conf files on the machines.  If you want to mirror it
locally, though, you certainly can.  Most folks use rsync to keep
their mirror up to date.

					-Michael

--
  Michael D. Stenner                            mstenner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  ECE Department, the University of Arizona                 520-626-1619