[Yum] yum update tonight disabled yum and any other libxml2 using application

On Friday 29 October 2004 10:33, seth vidal wrote:
>On Fri, 2004-10-29 at 10:29, mw-list-yum@xxxxxx wrote:
>> On Fri, Oct 29, 2004 at 06:24:25AM -0400, Konstantin Ryabitsev
wrote:
>> > don't shun using "force" to install or remove packages or
>> > individual files.
>>
>> He previously installed the latest version of yum, and then
>> realized this new version does not work with header files, so he
>> had to revert.
>
>you don't need to --force, though.
>
>rpm -Uvh --oldpackage will do the trick just fine.
>
>-sv

My mistake then, I'd tried --obsoletes, and that failed.  Now it
appears I must add libxml to the yum.conf excludes also, see a message
on the fedora-list, last nights update broke the half of the
system that uses libxml2.  That includes gftp etc.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)