[Yum] (no subject)

On Fri, 22 Oct 2004, Lawrence M. Koga wrote:

> I did YUM CHECK-UPDATES, and YUM returned that all is updated.  When I
> do a version of ssh -v, the version returns 3.5.  The current version of
> openssh is 3.8.  How can I use YUM and update my ssh to the current
> version.  The repository indicates the YUM version of openssh is 3.5.
> Am I reading this correctly?

Yum 'updates' your system to the most recent package available in the
repositories in the config file. That doesn't mean the latest version
from the developers, just the latest that has been packaged by the repo
maintainers.

Jim Wildman, CISSP, RHCE       jim@xxxxxxxxxxxxx http://www.rossberry.com
Thomas Paine