[Yum] Weird yum obsoletes scenario

Package A obsoletes Package B and says so in it's Obsoletes tag of spec
file.

If you have Package B installed and you run

yum update package A

yum will report that A isn't installed and can't be updated.

If you run

yum update package B

even though A obsoletes B, it won't see A as an update to B.

If you just run

yum update

THEN it sees A as an update to B.
But sometimes you don't want to run yum update - because you don't want
yum to look for any other updates from the repo containing A.

How do I get around this and make it easier for users to update B with
A without needing to accept other updates from my repo?