[Yum] Manual Download for Yum

On Sun, 14 Nov 2004 12:09:47 -0500, seth vidal <skvidal@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> so yum froze but going from the same ftp sites gftp did not?

I have seen the same behavior with yum in FC2 getting large packages
(OOo again) in a corporate environment (i.e. behind a firewall).  I
believe it was attributed to that version of yum not sending some sort
of message acknoledging that it was still working to the firewall so
the firewall identifies that download as dropped and stops the
transfer.

But that's based on my limited understanding of the situation.
Perhaps you have better insight into the reason.

Greg