[Yum] downgrade howto?

On Thu, Nov 11, 2004 at 07:40:01PM -0500, seth vidal wrote:
> On Thu, 2004-11-11 at 16:42 -0600, mw-list-yum@xxxxxx wrote:
> > Since my FC2-FC3 upgrade disabled my box, I'd like to revert the
> > changes.
> >
> > Can I somehow use yum to downgrade by box to FC2?  Is there a
> > downgrade howto I could read?
> >
> > In fact, it probably is enough to downgrade all packages depending on
> > xorg-x11.
> >

> No, There is no way to revert the changes. Not only that but you
> probably don't want to do that.
>
> You probably want to install FC3 from anaconda and see if it helps you
> out.

Unfortunately, it did not: I let anaconda reinstall the xorg packages
and the kernel package but X still locks up immediately.  So I did

yum remove "*xorg*"

Then reinstalled all those packages (and those depending on them) from
FC2 with yum, and now it all works well again.

My point is that the screwup was not caused by yum, but something is
very seriously wrong with xorg-x11 for FC3, that does not work with my
Radeon 7000 (or some other hardware).

Mate
--
---
Mate Wierdl | Dept. of Math. Sciences | University of Memphis