[Yum] both old and new yum - server side

Hi,
As I get set to start seriously testing yum 2.1.x, I'm looking through man
pages and the archives and I can't seem to find the answer to this question.

On my server, I will need to keep some repositories in the old yum format, and
make some in the new yum format.
How do I do that?

I don't seem to see any yum-arch option (at least in the man page for 2.1.11)
that tells it to make the repositories in the old manner.  Or does it just
automatically make the headers for both formats?

Thanks
Troy Dawson
Troy Dawson  dawson@xxxxxxxx  (630)840-6468