[Yum] yum list extras bug?

hi,
after I recompile openldap and install my own version of it and see the
output of
yum list extras
but it does NOT list openldap! I assume the above command list all
packages which is not available in those repository which is currently
in yum.conf. if not that's the case what is the case?
another intersting test just comment out the updates repo in yum.conf
and yum list extras still list the same packages as before.
why?
yours.