[Yum] Re: YUM 2 with RH 8?

On Mon, 10 May 2004, Brian wrote:

> The documentation at FedoraLegacy.org is problematic
> for installing YUM 2 for RH 8.
>
> Currently, I am using version 1 from:
>
> http://linux.duke.edu/projects/yum/
>
> but I would like to update my RPM program to allow me
> to use version 2.
>
> What do I need to update to get that to work?

Update rpm and friends to something like below:
(icarus pts11) # rpm -qa | grep rpm
rpm-4.1.1-1.8x
rpm-build-4.1.1-1.8x
rpm-python-4.1.1-1.8x
rpm-devel-4.1.1-1.8x
(icarus pts11) #

You also need popt and maybe 1 or 2 more deps. I do not remember exactly. It
was last May when I did it. IIRC there was a thread on this list where I
discussed doing this with Seth. If you are interested look in the archives
Rpm says it was installed Wed 28 May 2003 10:22:46 PM EDT so that should
give you a place to look in the archives if you like. I was even able to
use yum to do it. Worked fine for me on 2 or 3 boxes. Of course your mileage
may vary.

You can get them from rpm.org.

HTH,

Tom