[Yum] yum failure

Kai -

I'm trying to install telnet server on my YDL PowerBook. However, yum
fails with the following results....

[root@localhost root]# yum -d 10 check-update
Gathering package information from servers
server name/cachedir:Yellow Dog Linux 3.0 base-/var/cache/yum/base
Getting headers from: Yellow Dog Linux 3.0 base
getting header.info from server
IOError: [Errno socket error] (101, 'Network is unreachable')
ader.info

Following is a copy of /etc/yum.conf....

[main]
cachedir=/var/cache/yum
debuglevel=2
logfile=/var/log/yum.log
pkgpolicy=newest

[base]
name=Yellow Dog Linux 3.0 base
baseurl=http://ftp.yellowdoglinux.com/pub/yellowdog/yum/3.0/RPMS.main/

[updates]
name=Yellow Dog Linux 3.0 updates
baseurl=http://ftp.yellowdoglinux.com/pub/yellowdog/yum/3.0/RPMS.updates
/

The URLs seem to work OK manually with NetScape. Maybe the good folks at
Duke could help. Thanks....

Harold E. Herzig

  BAE SYSTEMS     Information and Electronic Systems Integration, Inc.

Communication, Navigation, Identification and Reconnaissance

harold.herzig@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

(973)636-7540