[Yum] About the log level and information messages

As you said it's quite subjective.
I think considering that -y is used is a mistake.
As -y is optional with log level 1, the situation i shown should not happen.

In fact, my original problem was the standard yum "verbosity". The
debuglevel 2 is too much for me.
In many classic yum installation it seems that debuglevel 2 is used by
default. As a consequence, yum messages are based on this level, and
others are not really coherent.
So, how have yum be less verbose without removing very important
messages, in my opinion, like what it is going to install/remove ?

May be the different log level should be more explicit ?

debuglevel 0 : no message, only errors
debuglevel 1 : for cron purpose. (as yum is often use in cron jobs)
debuglevel 2 : user use. few messages
debuglevel 3 : "normal" use. (as present level 2)
debuglevel...

Aur?lien

Michael Stenner a ?crit :