[Yum] Installing all from a specific archive

On Thu, 2004-06-17 at 15:57, Alan Sparks wrote:
> I'd like to create a local Yum archive with company-standard RPMs, and
> be able to install them reasonably easily.  Is there some means to tell
> Yum to do something algorithmically like:
>
> yum -R "my repository" install "*"

Add a dummy package - say mypkgset - and have that package require all
the packages you want adding to your box

Then
	yum install mypkgset

will load the current set of your packages.

You could then of course have different versions of this - ie
serverpkgset, desktoppkgset etc for different types of machines.  You
can add some obsoletes etc to keep out other packages you don't want on
your machines.

	Nigel.
--
[ Nigel Metheringham           Nigel.Metheringham@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ]