[Yum] yum-arch gives error...help please

Deleted the downloaded headers directory after I deleted the some
corrupted yum packages, detected from yum-arch -c.

After that gave yum-arch [dir] command.

Result:
Writing header.info file
Error moving headers to .oldheaders, fatal

Checked newly created headers directory...it was empty. Thought maybe my
deletion of headers directory had made re-creation of .oldheaders
subdirectory a problem. So, created a .oldheaders directory in the
headers directory.

But the same results. Permission Problems? Anyone know what is causing
this and how do I rectify it? I was running yum-arch as root.

One thing....every time yum-arch detected a wrong MD5 or sig...it
exited...I had to delete the corrupted file and run the command
again.Had to do this around fifteen times. Would have been nice, if
yum-arch had a feature --delete-bad-checksum-or-sig to delete all rpm
files that failed the -c test.

It would have been still better had yum-arch a conf file stating the
parent mirror and yum-arch automatically get a new file in place of
deleted file. ;-)) Dreams...Dreams...Dreams!! But it certainly have made
maintaining a local repository easier.

Sanjay.