[Yum] wishlist for yum

hi,
when I start to use linux there was no package manager (just slackware),
then comes the rpm and deb. then comes yum which should have to happend
much earlier. but there is still some features which missing (what I
waiting for a long time ago) to be easy to manage a system. one of the
main reason why windows should have to reinstall regualry becasue you
don't know which files can be deleted, which are obsolated and the
fastest and safest way to reinstall the whole system. that was the case
with slackware too. now with rpm and you the situation is better, but
not perfect. eg. after update to fc2 I still has to search what kind of
mozilla I has since for fc1 I install mozilla-1.6 for dag's repo, which
is still newer than the one in fc2. what I'd like to do:

- sometimes I need to install two different version of thge same package
eg. gcc, glibc... one soultion is to give a different name like gcc34,
but for a lib is not always possible. but even if I like to install
somelib-x.y.z I need the dependecy resolutiuon! so I'd like to use yum,
but currently yum do not allow package install (rpm -i) just update (rpm
-U). this is a good deafult, but would be useful to do some exeptions.

- search the filesystem for files which do not belong to any package.
this is a bit more difficult, but if I can exclude /home, /mnt, /tmp,
/proc, /root, /usr/local than I'd like to see that all other files
belong to some package. this could help for some packager to fix the rpm
spec files to include the log, run, etc. in the packages too as %ghost
files.

- list all packages which do not comes from the given repository or the
repositories in the yum.conf. this is something similar to 'yum list
extras' but with a much stronger check. ie. if I install mozila from
dag's repo then list as an extra, so do not check just the name. what's
more if I rebuild the base os's mozilla (with the same release) then it
should have to be different from the one which is in the base. anyway
the current yum list syntax in not perfect (what if I have a package
called updates or extras) and for what is the yum list extras used to be?

so what I wish (suppose all vaild repos are in yum.conf, then):
yum list-repo          [list packages installed from any repos]
yum list-repo base     [list packages installed from the base repo]

yum check-repo mozilla [gives the repo from wich mozilla was installed
                         even if it's included in more repo, list the one
                         from which I isntalled it or if I installed from
                         some other source then tell me that. even if
                         some repo has mozilla with the same version, but
                         the installed one is not the same the tell me
                         that it's not in the repo!!!]
yum list-nonrepo       [list packages not installed from any repos]

yum check-files        [list files not installed from any repos.
                        it can has --exclude options too
     eg. yum check-files --exclude p1 --exclude p2 is the files in
     find . \( -path 'p1' -prune -o -path 'p2' -prune \) -o -print
     but not in rpm -qal.

yum list-files         [list files installed from any repos = rpm -qal ]
yum list-files base    [list files installed from the base repos
                         = rpm -ql `yum list-repo base` ]
ok this last two whould be easy without yum integration (but may be slower).
yours.