[Yum] why does yum have to fail when one repository fails?

Michael Stenner wrote:

> There are two real problems with this approach.  The first is that it
> doesn't scale well.

Good point, I was just picking holes in the example really. For some
people (mainly people hacking away at home) there would be benefit to
allowing certain repositories to fail (Such as those that do not have
mirrors like Arjan's kernel tree or the European JPackage mirrors that
have caused problems in the past). For installations that are focusing
on stability (Not people at home hacking away) I agree with you and
Seth. The command line switch that Seth described actually sounds like a
very good compromise - a easy to use manual override, I didn't know that
was in the works.

> it becomes ugly quickly.

You should see the excludes lines I'm having to run with to rip out all
the Java stuff they put in FC2 to get Jpackage to work :-)

Carwyn