[Yum] Approved Architecture.

I have a question for the guru's.

I've got some repositories, which for the sake of briefness I'm
shortening thusly :

./redhat/AS2.1/RPMS	--> contains base rpms
./updates/AS2.1		--> contains updates for AS 2.1
./compaq/AS2.1 		--> contains compaq drivers 'n stuff for AS2.1

Listed in that order in my yum.conf. I run 'yum-arch' over each
directory to produce its own repository.

Now, I've occasionally seen weird issues when doing a 'yum update' on a
machine where an 'update' rpm requires a base rpm (that isnt installed
on the machine), but yum doesn't go back to the 'base' repository to
pick it up and fails with a 'dependency not found'.

I've fixed the problem by incorporating my 'updates' into my base
repository thusly :

./redhat/AS2.1/RPMS
./redhat/AS2.1/updates
./rehdat/AS2.1/compaq

And running yum-arch over ./redhat/AS2.1.

My question is this :

What is the preferred architecture for doing this? I believe the sample
yum.conf comes with a 'base' and an 'updates' repository - I followed
that template until I hit the above problem...

Actually, I have another question aswell - not related: Is there a way
of listing rpm's in a particular repository? Like : 'yum list compaq'

Steve.