[Yum] deleting mysql

I was upgrading from Fedora Core 1 to Fedora Core 2 using yum and
experienced a problem.  After upgrading, my MySQL install seemed to have
been deleted.  The MySQL was an RPM straight from MySQL and not the one
that came with Fedora.  Can anyone provide any information that might help
me know what happened that caused it.  I assumed it was something was some
documented issue that I had not noticed yet.

Peter