[Yum] First minor patch concerning symlinks

Hans-Peter Jansen wrote :

> BTW, what's the reasoning behind the strategy to throw away all
> headers on every yum-arch run (if I read the source correctly)?

...be sure they exactly match the available rpms at the time yum-arch is
being run? If I think correctly, generating a new header, erasing the old
one and putting the new one in its place is quicker than generating the new
one and comparing both before deciding to overwrite the old one or throw
away the new one. Just a guess. Then again with compression, maybe
uncompressing the old one and comparing with the new uncompressed one is
faster than compressing the new one, dunno.

Matthias

Fedora Core release 2 (Tettnang) - Linux kernel 2.6.6-1.435.2.3
Load : 0.13 0.41 0.30