[Yum] interested in helping out with yum

Hello!

I am new to yum.
I like its direction compared to nrh-up2date and current.
I am a pretty good python programmer, so I would like to help out.
I switched from Perl to Python a few years ago, and it is my language of
choice.

My goal at my current job (which uses Perl), is to avoid buying
a Satelitte server from RH which is about to happen.

I have to create webpages (or use open source software) to replace
the features of a RH Satelitte server.
Whatever I choose on the client side, I have to make it work with the server
side software.

Any ideas about how to best implement a gui web interface for people
to manage computers using yum? Basically, I need to be able to
create different repositories and apply them to differeent sets of servers.
I am interested in the problems people have encountered.
I will check out the mailing list archives.

Even if we don't end up using yum at work, I am still interested in making
webpages to manage servers using yum. Something to replace the RH
Satelitte server.

Thanks!
Mark