[Yum] Download unstable?

On Wed, 2004-01-28 at 12:12, Karsten Jeppesen wrote:
> The version distributed by YDL is 1.0.1. Yum doesn't have a --version
> flag btw.

stop using an ancient version of yum.

1.0.3 should do a lot better on fixing downloads.

better still. upgrade rpm to rpm 4.1.1 and use yum 2.0.4  - it's MUCH
better.

> Yes - if everything worked perfect - we wouldn't need yum either. One
> download would be it.
> But back to the real world.

your sarcasm is valuable.

> My question still stands: Why not use wget for download. Parameters
> could be set in the yum.conf file.
> And then you wouldn't have to maintain that piece.
> It is quite annoying that to do a 20 file update it takes more than 3
> hours and 15 restarts. And I am still not done.
> I am just running through what I propose exposing our customers to.
> Since I have local mirrors, then I can just reset to those, but the guy
> in South Africa???

Actually it means a dep on another application and NOT having a python
interface to the wget application means invoking it via a system call.
So you get almost no useful call backs.

Thanks, but no.

-sv