[Yum] cache location of header.info

matt whiteley wrote:

> We export the yum repository via nfs and automount it on the lab boxes.
>  We then put file:/nfs/mount in yum.conf and link /var/cache/yum to
> /nfs/mount also.  Then running 'yum -C update' works.  The lab boxes
> then don't have to have a local cache.  The only thing that needs to
> change is I symlink headers/header.info -> header.info on the yum
> repository so that the cache appears correct.

I don't think there is much benefit to sharing the /var/cache/yum like
that.  Yum will install packages from file: URLs without copying them.
It does seem to copy the headers, but the copying is really fast for
local disk.  Loading the headers over NFS wouldn't be as fast as local disk.

Also, machines can have different /etc/yum.conf and not worry about
writing in the shared cache.

  - Ian

--
ian@xxxxxxxxx