[Yum] Red Hat Enterprise

I have Red Hat Enterprise WS3 installed on a cluster with only one node connected to the internet.  I want to use up2date on the node with an external connection to download the rpm's necessary to keep my systems up to date.  I have the rpms stored on a disk that is cross mounted to all of the nodes using NFS so that the compute nodes can see all of the rpms.  The problem I have is how to determine which packages need to be updated on the compute nodes?  Can I use yum to do this?  If so can someone tell me how to configure the main node to be a server for the updates?  Thanks...
~   ,__o
~ _-\  <,
Dr. Stephen B. Swanekamp
Plasma Physics Division, Code 6771