[Yum] Yum & Tripwire.

Omri Schwarz [mailto:ocschwar@xxxxxxx] said:

> Hi, all, I'm wondering if this was done yet, or if the script
> needs to be written, one that will check incoming .hdr files to
> know which file on a system are about to be over-written for a
> Yum update, and then tells Tripwire to update those files and
> those files only.

Doesn't it kind of defeat the security of tripwire to automate database
updates?

Scenario: Cracker gets in, modifies your /etc/yum.conf to point to his own
repository, downloads a root kit in RPM form, and you never know about it
because tripwire did what I think you're describing here.

Magnus Hedemark
Linux Network Admin
TruePosition, Inc.
Office 610-680-1133