[Yum] yum check

One of the features listed in the TODO list is "yum check".  I think the
important operation is to check for broken dependencies of installed
packages.  I was thinking this concept could be extended to checking for
broken dependencies when installing packages from repositories.

"yum check" is the same as "yum check installed" and would check the
installed packages.

"yum check updates" would check the updates for dependencies.

"yum check <package>" would check the dependencies for the given package.

"yum check available" would check the dependencies for installing all
the available packages.

This would be very useful for finding compatibility problems between
repositories.  If yum had the concept of the list of packages for an
individual repository, it would useful to do "yum check [freshrpms]" and
check installing all the freshrpm packages.

  - Ian

--
ian@xxxxxxxxx
http://www.znark.com/