[Yum] Life in "interesting" times...

OK, so my laptop tried to update in FC2, and ran out of space in the
middle of updating OO and its gtk/x dependencies.  I discovered the
problem, cleared some space ugently, and completed the update.  However,
something was (not terribly surprisingly) done wrong and the process
left the gdk libraries munged.  Consequently, I cannot start X.  Also, I
don't know for certain WHICH library is bollixed up.

I would prefer not to have to do a full reinstall of the laptop,
although of course I can and may end up doing so.  I would LIKE to trick
yum into re-updating all the rpms in the X subsystem all at once, even
though their revision numbers do not increment.

Any suggestions on how I might do that?

   rgb

Duke University Dept. of Physics, Box 90305
Durham, N.C. 27708-0305
Phone: 1-919-660-2567  Fax: 919-660-2525     email:rgb@xxxxxxxxxxxx