[Yum] Includepkg and excludepkg order

>I'm actually thinking of leaving exclude in but adding excludepkgs and
>includepkgs
>
>exclude and excludepkgs would be synonyms.
>
>my only question is the order of operations.

My sentiment is that these options (unlike accept,deny in apache) are "expert" options -- users are expected to know what they are doing with it. This is about specifying packages, not crafting access rules.

My suggestion is to always have include first.  The logic is thus "use a repository, include only packages matching a certain set of globs, exclude all packages matching another set of globs.

An additional advantage is that in the case where a user mistakenly matches a package in both, the package winds up excluded. This is a safer option, and a user investigating why a package they expected didn't get included can dig in and find the error.

Regards,
David