[Yum] local file update

Marshall Clark wrote:
> Could anyone tell me either howto set up yum to run through a proxy or
> update from a local directory?
>
> Have set up proxy server and can ftp and http the net from all machines
> but mail and yum will not work?  What should I have done?
>
> Have copied all file from fedora servers and have update tree
> in /home/myname/x86_64 updates/.
>
> Have tried setting yum.conf cachedir=/home/myname/x86_64 updates/  no
> luck.
>
> Have tried baseurl=file:///home/myname/x86_64 updates/  again no luck.
>
> I know it is something simple but can't find it, could somebody save me
> some time?
>
> Thanks in advance.

I recently did this and this was the format that I had to use.

   baseurl=file://<hostname>/path/to/yum/repository/

It looks like you actually have a space in your path.  If this is so, you'll
have to make sure you have all the special characters in there.  It would
probrubly be easier just to rename /x86_64 updates/ to /x86_64-updates/ or
something like that.

Hope that helps
Troy
Troy Dawson  dawson@xxxxxxxx  (630)840-6468