[Yum] yum cancelling doesn't work ?

On Sat, Aug 07, 2004 at 04:29:22PM +0200, dan1 wrote:
> Hi to all,
>
> I tried to cancel the execution of yum while it was downloading something
> (with ctrl-c), but it wasn't possible.
> I find that annoying. Is this behaviour planned, or is it a bug ?
> I am working on centOS 3.1, i386.
>
> If you need to forbid this possibility during the installation, you could
> perhaps allow it during the download process.

This isn't intentional behavior, but we haven't gone nuts looking for
it because some folks have found it helpful.  If one fetch is stalled,
a ctrl-c will abandon it and try again.

> Finally, it has stopped after having downloaded everything, but the
> /var/run/yum.pid has been left after the cancel, and I wasn't able to run
> yum anymore. Now I just deleted this file and it seems OK.
> Perhaps there is also a little bug this way.

Yeah, yum really doesn't clean up as well as it could.  It's really
not worth diving deeply into this, though, because the main
infrastructure code of yum is changing for the next version.

					-Michael
--
  Michael D. Stenner                            mstenner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  ECE Department, the University of Arizona                 520-626-1619