[Yum] Re: Using a fast internet connexion to update a computer with a slow one

On Fri, 2004-08-06 at 02:52, Enrique Perez-Terron wrote:
> Another and perhaps just as easy thing to do is to have the connected
> machine download everything, and transfer that to the disconnected

I came to think that instead of downloading everything you could create
mirrors of the headers directory for each repo. That would require much
less disk space etc.

Then you could use "yum list downloads_for" (after applying my patch) to
get the list of packages to download. You would need to doctor the
output to redirect the links to the original repos. That should be a
simple sed. Feed the result to wget on the connected machine, put the
rpms on a media and back home install everything on the media. rpm -Uvh
/mnt/cdrom/*.rpm - unless there is a kernel, for the kernel you should
do rpm -i.

-Enrique