[Yum] Notification of kernel updates

Hi Nigel,

As a Linux Administrator (self taught, raked over the coals, realtime
disaster fixer),
you've hit the nail on the head.  Though what I would like to see, is
that when I log
on, I'd like to see a small message asking me if I want to, "Run the new
kernel that
yum has updated?" With selection buttons such as "Reboot to New Kernel?"
"Remind
me later?"  "Let me finish what I am doing and I'll manually reboot!"

The third option will allow me to verify that I have all my data safe,
config files backed up,
get everyone else off the system, and be ready for any thing that may go
wrong on the boot up.
I'd like that capability more than anything else, having lost a few
configurations in the past.

Johnny