[Yum] Include one .conf file in another?

On Thu, 25 Sep 2003, J?rgen M?llenhoff wrote:

> Hi,
>
> is there a way to include a yum.conf file in another yum.conf file? I
> have different yum.conf files for some "special" systems but the most of
> the settings are the same (only a few settigns are different) and so it
> would be nice to create one .conf file that includes all the settings
> which applies to all systems and include it then to the different
> yum.conf file.

If you are willing to use a web server to serve config files have a look
at this: http://www.owlriver.com/support/yum/yumconf.php
This allows you to do things like have a master configuration for your
domain and add repositories based on for instance machine name. So what I
have is a master config file for all machines in a domain and the ability
to optionally cat extra lines onto the main config file for individual
machines. The really slick thing is you can store all of your config files
on the web server, which allows much better control than each file on a machine.

Does this make sense to you?? Is something like this what you are looking for??

HTH,

--
......Tom		Registered Linux User #14522	http://counter.li.org
tdiehl@xxxxxxxxxxxx	My current SpamTrap ------->	mtd123@xxxxxxxxxxxx