[Yum] curl/pycurl patch?

On Tue, Oct 28, 2003 at 09:15:49AM -0800, Klingaman, Aaron L wrote:
> I need to modify yum so it can download the headers over https, and
> verify the cacert from the server. I was planning on using curl/pycurl
> for this, and was wondering if anyone might already have a patch that
> changes the download mechanism to use curl?

Curl is not likely to be used in the "official version" because of the
slightly unpleasant dependencies.  The next version of urlgrabber will
probably support https with bidirectional certs via pyOpenSSL.  I've
already written code for another project that does that.  It will just
be a matter of folding it in.

Curl looks like a slick library, though, so I'd welcome discussion on
this topic.

					-Michael
--
  Michael Stenner                       Office Phone: 919-660-2513
  Duke University, Dept. of Physics       mstenner@xxxxxxxxxxxx