[Yum] Yum repo: Apache or VSFTP???

jcosta says:
> The HOWTO describes using FTP for a repo, but most repo's
> seem to be HTTP.
> I've even read that HTTP is faster than FTP for a repo.  Thoughts??

I like using http because it is easier to funnel through a transparent
caching proxy.  Have a department that is clobbering your yum server?  Throw
a squid server on their subnet and set up WCCP on their router.  Bam.  If
squid is tuned to cache larger files, that could allow one squid server to
very easily handle many thousands of machines by exploiting subnet caches.

I don't know that you could cache ftp as transparently as you can http.