[Yum] Re: urlgrabber.urlopen()

Thanks a ton. Few comments below.. Nothing important.

On Sat, 2003-10-11 at 14:56, Michael Stenner wrote:
> Yes, you can simply use urlopen from urlgrabber now.

Great.

> > * Will it support all the nice regrab functionality of urlgrabber?
>
> If you do retrygrab, it certainly will.  urlopen and urlread currently
> do not support retrying.  I could probably make urlread support it,
> but making urlopen do it would be a touch harder.  What do you do if
> the socket drops half-way through the file?

You got me there. Looks like having retry functionality for includes
would require pulling the entire file down before I start reading. Damn.
Can everyone live without retries on includes for a while or even
forever?

If you decide to add that to urlread, let me know and I can transition
to that. It should be easy enough to read lines from a string.

> > * Oh yea.. Where do you plan on comitting? <snip>
> urlgrabber is getting moved out of yum.  The plan is that it will be
> developed in its own cvs, and occasionally get copied into yum (and
> other projects).  I'll put it in HEAD shortly.  For now, just drop it
> in your own working directory.

Works for me. I will post an updated includes patch to bugzilla and note
that a urlgrabber.py with urlopen support is required.

> I will be posting a second email about the future of urlgrabber
> shortly, which you may want to read :)

It's kind of spooky that you could time that to hit my inbox right as
I'm reading this. :0

- Ryan